Is this nsclient.ini valid?

Hiya folks, I conducted an upgrade of the nagios-plugins-nrpe-2.15-7.el6.x86_64 package on a CentOS 6 host to nagios-plugins-nrpe-3.1.1-1.el6.x86_64; unfortunately this caused all manner of chaos with the Windows boxes we were monitoring with NSClient++. At first, we chalked this up to the nsclient versions being old, so we upgraded those, but there was no improvement. Now we get this error, even if I downgrade the nrpe server plugin version. Every Windows service check fails with the following error: 'Exception processing request: Request contained arguments (not currently allowed, check the allow arguments option). ’ I’m 99% sure we’ve enabled that in the nsclient.ini, but maybe it’s under the wrong key? Full file is as follows:

; TODO
[/settings/default]

; Undocumented key
password = <redacted>

; Undocumented key
allowed hosts = <redacted>

; TODO
[/settings/NRPE/server]

; Undocumented key
ssl options =

; Undocumented key
verify mode = none

; Undocumented key
insecure = true

; Undocumented key
allow_arguments = 1

; Undocumented key
allow_nasty_meta_chars = 1

; TODO
[/modules]

; Undocumented key
CheckExternalScripts = 1

; Undocumented key
CheckHelpers = 1

; Undocumented key
CheckEventLog = 1

; Undocumented key
CheckNSCP = 1

; Undocumented key
CheckDisk = 1

; Undocumented key
CheckSystem = 1

; Undocumented key
NRPEServer = 1

[/settings/external scripts]

; Undocumented key
allow arguments = True

This guide will help create a config file that should work with NRPE v3:

http://sites.box293.com/nagios/guides/nrpe/installing-nrpe-client-agent/windows/0-4-x---creating-nsclient-ini-file

Thanks troylea, that link definitely helped. Not too sure what the precise problem was(maybe out of order statements?), but regenerating a clean ini and making edits as necessary fixed the problem.

Config keys are usually not _ separated instead space is used.

For details you can check this FAQ entry: https://docs.nsclient.org/faq/#24-arguments-via-nrpe