NSClient Nagios service checks randomly failing and timeouts


#1

i have been struggling with an issue where my check_nrpe service chaecks timeout or get a connection refused error. usually 80% of the checks on a host fail but the other 20% are fine and acting normal.

this is only happening on 7 servers out of 1600.

one thing to note is that the nsclint service on these servers will not stop gracefully.


#2

I was having a similar issue on a single windows server. Finally reinstalled the client with the latest download and it solved my issue so far.


#3

I have tried reinstalling but that still hasnt fixed the issue.


#4

Hi,

after uninstalling the NSClient++, have you remove all old files?

  • NSClient++ folder
  • Registry Key: HKLM\Software\NSClient++

After uninstall and manually clean up, reboot the server and install NSClient++ again. That should work :slight_smile:

Kind regards Matze