SSL Handshake problem with NSClient++ using NRPE

Guys,

I’ve been having a lot of issues trying to configure Nagios Core to monitor some servers. After a lot of research and settings at my servers I got lost.

My last problem is that I’m receiving the message: CHECK_NRPE: (ssl_err != 5) Error - Could not complete SSL handshake with: 10.63.248.105: Connection reset by peer.

So here’s my Settings: Nagios Version: 4.4.2 Ubuntu Version: 16.4 NSClient at Windows Server: 0.5.2035

Can someone help me make the check NRPE work?

I’m having the same issue.

Server: Ubuntu 18.04 with openitcockpit Client: Windows Server 2019 with NSClient++ v0.5.2.39

This is my nsclient.ini file on the client: # If you want to fill this file with all available options run the following command: # nscp settings --generate --add-defaults --load-all # If you want to activate a module and bring in all its options use: # nscp settings --activate-module --add-defaults # For details run: nscp settings --help

; in flight - TODO
[/settings/default]

; Undocumented key
password = LZHmHSDiYT2K3gM5

; Undocumented key
allowed hosts = 127.0.0.1,10.32.0.8

cache allowed hosts = true
timeout = 90

; in flight - TODO
[/settings/NRPE/server]

insecure = true
allow arguments = true
allow nasty characters = true
ssl options = 
verify mode = none
allowed hosts = 127.0.0.1,10.32.0.8

; in flight - TODO
[/modules]

; Undocumented key
CheckExternalScripts = disabled

; Undocumented key
CheckHelpers = disabled

; Undocumented key
CheckEventLog = disabled

; Undocumented key
CheckNSCP = disabled

; Undocumented key
CheckDisk = disabled

; Undocumented key
CheckSystem = disabled

; Undocumented key
WEBServer = enabled

; Undocumented key
NRPEServer = enabled

This is the entry that appear in my log file: 2018-12-15 16:45:28: error:c:\source\master\include\socket/connection.hpp:276: Failed to establish secure connection: sslv3 alert handshake failure: 1040

And finally the command I’m trying to execute from my monitoring server: [email protected]:/opt/openitc/nagios/libexec# ./check_nrpe -H fs2 CHECK_NRPE: (ssl_err != 5) Error - Could not complete SSL handshake with 10.32.0.12: 1

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

quoting myself: