WebUI

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to launch the WebUI with the new 0.4.3 version to configure? Do I need to open up any firewall ports on my localhost?

I also tried to find more information in the docs but didn’t see anything but the images and I cannot get those to even display.

How to I launch the WebUI?

Should be a link in the start menu.
Please note that you need to enable the web ui which is easiest to do like this:

nscp web --install  

Please note that if you do not provide a certificate the https and 8443 port whill be wrong.

// Michael Medin

I (finally) found it! Hope this helps you…
http://www.nsclient.org/forums/topic/importerror-linux-installation/#post-14125

CONTENT:

I finally found the webinterface for nsclient 0.4.3 I have searched before. If some needs it this is the way:

When you enter “nscp.exe test” in cmd or “.\nscp.exe test” in powershell it will check moduls,… there you found the line

D web Loading webserver on port: 8443s E web No password set please run nscp web --help

First you have to set a password in the nsclient.ini

[/settings/default] ; PASSWORD - Password used to authenticate against server password = somepassword

Now you can enter the webinterface with the shown port 8443.

https://serverip:8443
or local on your nsclient machine
https://localhost:8443

Just a quick note

nscp web --install --password foobar

Hy, I receive this error

C:\Program Files\NSClient++>nscp web --install --password foobar
E core Failed to load: WEBServerFile not found: D:\source\build\w32\dist/m
odules\WEBServer.dll
D:\source\nscp\service\NSClient++.cpp:466
Usage: nscp web [install|password] --help

C:\Program Files\NSClient++>nscp.exe test
L client Module: CommandClient
L client Command:
L client Extra Query:
L client Mode: 3
L client Boot: 1
L client Load All: 0
L client Warning module and boot specified only THAT module will be loaded
L client Arguments:
D core NSClient++ 0.4.3.88 2015-01-11 w32 Loading settings and logger…
D core Settings not ready so we cant lookup: base-path
D core Settings not ready so we cant lookup: exe-path
D settings Boot.ini found in: C:\Program Files\NSClient++/boot.ini
D settings Activating: ini://${exe-path}/nsclient.ini
D settings Creating instance for: ini://${exe-path}/nsclient.ini
D settings Loading: C:\Program Files\NSClient++/nsclient.ini
D core NSClient++ 0.4.3.88 2015-01-11 w32 booting…
D core Booted settings subsystem…
D core booting::loading plugins
E core Failed to find modules folder: D:\source\build\w32\dist/modules
D:\source\nscp\service\NSClient++.cpp:413
D core NSClient++ - 0.4.3.88 2015-01-11 Started!
D core Found local plugin
D core ./modules\CommandClient.dll.dll
D core adding ./modules\CommandClient.dll
D core Loading plugin: CommandClient.dll…
D cli Enter command to execute, help for help or exit to exit…

Fresh installation on windows 7 32bit.
Using version 4.3.77 and 4.3.88
Thank you

Hi, I cannot get this working either.
The above command nscp web --install --password foobar does not work.
Would you please give us a little more information on what the exact steps would be to get this to work?
Thanks!

In test mode:
load webserver to load and test the web page

In nsclient.ini (not test mode):

In the modules section:

/modules
WEBServer=enabled

[/settings/default]
; PASSWORD – Password used to authenticate against server
password = foobar

A bit too late, but I had the same problem. My Solutiion (thaks to the people above :smile: )was:

paste this at the end of the configuration file:

; WEBServer - A server that listens for incoming HTTP connection and processes incoming requests. It provides both a WEB UI as well as a REST API in addition to simplifying configuration of WEB Server module. WEBServer = enabled

; Section for WEB (WEBServer.dll) (check_WEB) protocol options. [/settings/WEB/server]

; PASSWORD - Password used to authenticate against server parent for this key is found under: /settings/default this is marked as advanced in favor of the parent. password = changeME

; CERTIFICATE - Ssl certificate to use for the ssl server certificate = ${certificate-path}/certificate.pem

; PORT NUMBER - Port to use for WEB server. port = 8443

SSL is off (no “s” after “port”) For security reasons it should be turned on, but for me, it´s just for testing and will be changed later, when everything else works.

SSL cert generation is fixed in 0.5.0

Thanks!

I’m having issues getting the webUI working. all i can see is a tomcat page which asks for a username and password

here’s my ini file

If you want to fill this file with all available options run the following command:

nscp settings --generate --add-defaults --load-all

If you want to activate a module and bring in all its options use:

nscp settings --activate-module --add-defaults

For details run: nscp settings --help

; TODO [/settings/default]

; Undocumented key password = cottage

; Undocumented key allowed hosts = 127.0.0.1,10.105.0.65::1

; TODO [/settings/NRPE/server]

; Undocumented key verify mode = none

; Undocumented key insecure = true

; TODO [/modules]

; Undocumented key CheckExternalScripts = 1

; Undocumented key CheckHelpers = 1

; Undocumented key CheckEventLog = 1

; Undocumented key CheckNSCP = 1

; Undocumented key CheckDisk = 1

; Undocumented key CheckSystem = 1

; Undocumented key NSClientServer = 1

; Undocumented key NRPEServer = 1

here’s the output of nscp.exe test

C:\Program Files\NSClient++>nscp.exe test L client Module: CommandClient L client Command: L client Extra Query: L client Mode: 3 L client Boot: 1 L client Load All: 0 L client Warning module and boot specified only THAT module will be loaded L client Arguments: D core NSClient++ 0.5.0.65 2016-11-13 x64 Loading settings and logger… D core Settings not ready so we cant lookup: base-path D core Settings not ready so we cant lookup: exe-path D settings Boot.ini found in: C:\Program Files\NSClient++/boot.ini D core Settings not ready so we cant lookup: shared-path D settings Activating: ini://${shared-path}/nsclient.ini D settings Creating instance for: ini://${shared-path}/nsclient.ini D core Settings not ready so we cant lookup: shared-path D settings Loading: C:\Program Files\NSClient++/nsclient.ini D core NSClient++ 0.5.0.65 2016-11-13 x64 booting… D core Booted settings subsystem… D core On crash: restart: NSCP D core Archiving crash dumps in: C:\Program Files\NSClient++/crash-dumps D core booting::loading plugins D core Found: CheckDisk D core Found: CheckEventLog D core Found: CheckExternalScripts D core Found: CheckHelpers D core Found: CheckNSCP D core Found: CheckSystem D core Found: NRPEServer D core Found: NSClientServer D core C:\Program Files\NSClient++/modules\CheckDisk.dll.dll D core adding C:\Program Files\NSClient++/modules\CheckDisk.dll D core C:\Program Files\NSClient++/modules\CheckEventLog.dll.dll D core adding C:\Program Files\NSClient++/modules\CheckEventLog.dll D core C:\Program Files\NSClient++/modules\CheckExternalScripts.dll.dll D core adding C:\Program Files\NSClient++/modules\CheckExternalScripts.dll D core C:\Program Files\NSClient++/modules\CheckHelpers.dll.dll D core adding C:\Program Files\NSClient++/modules\CheckHelpers.dll D core C:\Program Files\NSClient++/modules\CheckNSCP.dll.dll D core adding C:\Program Files\NSClient++/modules\CheckNSCP.dll D core C:\Program Files\NSClient++/modules\CheckSystem.dll.dll D core adding C:\Program Files\NSClient++/modules\CheckSystem.dll D core C:\Program Files\NSClient++/modules\NRPEServer.dll.dll D core adding C:\Program Files\NSClient++/modules\NRPEServer.dll D core C:\Program Files\NSClient++/modules\NSClientServer.dll.dll D core adding C:\Program Files\NSClient++/modules\NSClientServer.dll D core Loading plugin: CheckDisk D core Loading plugin: CheckEventLog D core Loading plugin: CheckExternalScripts D ext-script No aliases found (adding default) D core Loading plugin: CheckHelpers D core Loading plugin: CheckNSCP D check_nscp Crash folder is: C:\Program Files\NSClient++/crash-dumps D core Loading plugin: CheckSystem D core Loading plugin: NRPEServer E nrpe Exception in Failed to load NRPEServer: : An invalid argument was supplied C:\source\build\x64\dist\modules\NRPEServer\module.cpp:34 E core Plugin refused to load: NRPEServer c:\source\nscp\service\NSClient++.cpp:750 D core Loading plugin: NSClientServer E check_nt Exception in Failed to load NSClientServer: : An invalid argument was supplied C:\source\build\x64\dist\modules\NSClientServer\module.cpp:39 E core Plugin refused to load: NSClientServer c:\source\nscp\service\NSClient++.cpp:750 D core NSClient++ - 0.5.0.65 2016-11-13 Started! D core C:\Program Files\NSClient++/modules\CommandClient.dll.dll D core adding C:\Program Files\NSClient++/modules\CommandClient.dll D core Loading plugin: CommandClient… D cli Enter command to execute, help for help or exit to exit… D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_2 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(2)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_3 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(3)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_4 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(4)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_5 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(5)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_6 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(6)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_7 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(7)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_8 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(8)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_9 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(9)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_10 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(10)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_11 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(11)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_12 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(12)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_13 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(13)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_14 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(14)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_15 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(15)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_16 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(16)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_17 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(17)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_18 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(18)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_19 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(19)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_20 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(20)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_21 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(21)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_22 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(22)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_23 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(23)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_24 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(24)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_25 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(25)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_26 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(26)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_27 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(27)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_28 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(28)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_29 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(29)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_30 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(30)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_31 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(31)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_32 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(32)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_33 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(33)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_34 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(34)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_35 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(35)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_36 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(36)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_37 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(37)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_38 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(38)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_39 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(39)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_40 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(40)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_41 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(41)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_42 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(42)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_43 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(43)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_44 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(44)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_45 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(45)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_46 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(46)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_47 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(47)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_48 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(48)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_49 = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(49)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_0 D: = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(0 D:)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length_1 C: = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(1 C:)% Disk Time D w32system Loading counter: disk_queue_length__Total = \HGSLHPSV07\PhysicalDisk(_Total)% Disk Time

Im having the same problem as the poster above. We’re running some stuff on tomcat7 (apache), so 8443 points to that stuff.

I changed the port to 8444 in the ini, but, localhost:8444 still doesn’t work. ; Web server - Section for WEB (WEBServer.dll) (check_WEB) protocol options. [/settings/WEB/server]

; PORT NUMBER - Port to use for WEB server. port = 8444

This is the only error i see in my logs: error:c:\source\master\include\scheduler\simple_scheduler.cpp:225: UNKNOWN ERROR RUNING TASK: internal

I have NSClient installed on approximately 50 computers and it only works on machines that can use the default port