Windows build issues with cmake version

I am trying to build NSClient++ on windows and downloaded all the required tools manually with the correct versions. However when I run the fetch dependency command I get the following error while building google-breakpad (Could not create named generator).

…\nscp\build\python\fetchdeps.py --target Win32 --dyn --source …\nscp --msver 2015

• Executing: cmake -G “Visual Studio 14” -DBREAKPAD_LIBRARY_TYPE=STATIC -DBREAKPAD_RUNTIME_TYPE=SHARED C:\dev\nscp/ext/google-breakpad CMake Error: Could not create named generator Visual Studio 14 ! Failed to execute: cmake -G “Visual Studio 14” -DBREAKPAD_LIBRARY_TYPE=STATIC -DBREAKPAD_RUNTIME_TYPE=SHARED C:\dev\nscp/ext/google-breakpad (1) FAILURE

If I upgrade the cmake from version 2.6 to latest 3.12, I got pass this error and installs the dependencies successfully. But when I try to check the dependency with the following command I get

cmake -D TARGET=dist -D SOURCE=nscp -P nscp\check_deps.cmake

CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.12/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:1141 (add_library): add_library command is not scriptable

I did some searching and seems like I need to use older version of cmake so apparently I am stuck with if I use older version of cmake then google-breakpad fails and if I use newer version then FindBoost fails.

Please suggest if I am doing anything wrong or any other soln ?